Table of contents
Creative Gift Ideas for Crafty Friends and Family
If you have a family member or friend who loves to craft, you have definitely come to the right place! Crafting can be an immensely rewarding way to express one’s creativity, and having the right tools and supplies can mean the world to any crafter. This guide is designed to provide you with some of the best gift ideas for any crafter for any occasion.
Gift Ideas for the Beginning Crafter
Creating something from scratch is an incredibly rewarding experience for many. But for those who are just starting out, it can be tricky to know what kind of supplies or tools to get. Here are some great ideas for the “just starting out” crafters:
- Beginner’s Crafting Kit: Every good crafter needs the right tools & supplies. Getting a starter crafting kit can be a great way to get your friend or family member off to a good start. The kit should be tailored to the kind of crafting that they like to do, such as knitting, crochet, embroidery, sculpture, etc.
- Pattern Books: If your loved one loves to knit, crochet, quilt or embroider, why not get them some pattern books so they can create something really special & unique? Pattern books are the perfect starting point to finding that perfect project.
- Yarn: Yarn is a must-have when it comes to knitting, crochet, and even some kinds of embroidery. Choose a variety of different styles and shades of yarn, that way your gift recipient can create something truly unique!
Mid-Level Crafter Gift Ideas
For the crafter that is beyond a beginner but not quite a pro, here some great gift ideas that will take their crafting to the next level:
- Advanced Crafting Kits: There are so many options for advanced crafting kits out there. Whether it’s for sculpting, crochet, felting, etc. these kits allow for the sharpening of skills and exploring of new techniques.
- Digital Patterns: Not all crafters are the same, and not all prefer traditional paper patterns. For those who are comfortable crafting with a digital pattern, there are tons of options for downloadable patterns for all kinds of crafts.
- Accessories & gadgets: Crafting gadgets like metal yarn needles, felting tools, weaving sticks, crochet hooks, and rotary cutters can be great additions to any crafter. Accessories like scissors, storage boxes, and pin-cushions can be great too!
For the Pro Crafter
For those who have been crafting for years, and know their way around crafting tools, here are some great gifts that they may not have thought to get for themselves:
- Studio Supplies: Having the right studio set up can mean the difference between loving the craft and feeling overwhelmed. From special furniture, to lamps, and even special crafting boards, the options are endless.
- Crafting Books: Even the most experienced crafters can still benefit from some really great crafting books. There are so many that contain helpful tips & tricks and new techniques that are sure to inspire.
- Specialty Supplies: Specialty supplies like specific kinds of string, ribbon, paint, fabric, and hardware can be a great way to step up your crafting game.
Whether you’re buying for a beginner or an experienced crafter, we hope this gift guide has given you some great ideas for the special crafters in your life. So what will you get for your favorite crafter?